Monday, September 21, 2009

My Dirt - y Little Secret



So this weekend was an unexpected pleasant surprise, in the form of the new Dirt 2 game from one of my favorite studios, Codemasters.

To no end these guyz were seriously flexing their programming muscle with this title. At times I had to stop and ask myself am I actually in Croatia getting ready to throw down with one of the top drivers in the league, or am I in the future? Surely games don't look this good yet, do they?

From the fog in the mountains of China to the thousands of screaming fans in the L.A. Stadium courses. Never have I had such a fun globe-trotting adventure, screaming these monster machines across such beautiful landscapes and environments.

Keeping me hooked was the steady stream of unlockables and modes of play, from a skateboard that hangs from my rear view mirror to the Gate Crashers targeted challenge mode.

I still havent even tried the online aspect of this game, but I really want to complete the campaign first.

I loved the first Dirt game for the pc, even though it had it's share of problems. I knew then it was a step in the right direction. Completely blown away by this one, total and complete Fan Service. The only thing I wish was in there would be replay editing, and youtube uploading. *Prays for downloadable content.

You have done Colin proud!

Keep up the spectacular work!

No comments: